Covid-19 Secure – Student & Visitor Policy and Guidance
The Yoga Studio Carlisle is working in partnership with our students and teachers. We wish to thank you all for coming back to practice yoga with us and can assure you that we are working with latest government guidance in order to keep everyone safe. Below are policies all students must comply with on entering The Yoga Studio Carlisle. ANY bookings made for classes, courses or memberships will NOT be refunded if Carlisle goes into a lockdown and the studio closes. You will be reinstated with online passes or credits on your account depending on what was booked,
From 01/07/2020 we will be introducing the following procedures:
- All classes MUST be booked and paid for in advance. There will be NO facility to drop in on the day. NO cash payments will be accepted.
- Timetabled classes can only be booked 7 days in advance.
- Workshops can be booked as soon as they are advertised.
- Timetabled classes must be cancelled with at least three hours-notice if you wish to avoid a late cancellation fee. If you cancel with less than three hours-notice then you will incur a fee which equates to the drop in price for that class. However, if the class was not fully booked when you cancelled then no fee will be incurred.
- Workshops must be cancelled with more than seven days-notice in order to qualify for a refund. Cancellation after this time will result in no refund being given.
- Due to capacity restrictions as a result of social distancing guidelines we will also run our most popular classes LIVE through Zoom in order to make them more accessible to a wider audience. They will also be downloaded onto the website. All workshops for the immediate future will also be accessible through Zoom.
- Students will only be able to access the zoom class times that match their memberships- for example ashtanga only memberships will only be able to access ashtanga zoom classes & ashtanga classes on the website. Gold members will only be able to access zoom classes till 4pm and won’t be able to attend evening zooms nor have access to evening classes that have be added to the website.
- Platinum members will be the only members who will have access to the workshops on the platform/zoom and all of the pre recorded classes.
- All zoom classes will also be recorded and added to the website.
- The Yoga Studio has introduced a one-way system. The entrance to the studio in Kinmont Arcade will remain as the main entrance. All access to the studio will be through this door. After class, all visitors will leave the studio through the fire exit door which leads to Treasury Court, the exit is clearly outlined with yellow arrows and walkways.
- Please do not arrive any earlier than 10 minutes before the class is due to start.
- There are distance stickers on the stairs to assist visitors to gauge how far apart they should stay.
- Please remove your shoes at the top of the stairs. Due to the one-way system you will need to take your shoes with you to the changing room.
- The toilets will be open. Please do not change into your yoga clothes in the toilets.
- Please use the hand sanitiser prior to entry.
- Upon arrival at the studio all students and visitors will be asked the following questions. If they answer YES to any of them, they will not be permitted entry into The Yoga Studio.
Do you have any of the following symptoms:
- New continuous cough?
- Have you experienced a loss or change in taste or smell?
- Have you returned from travel abroad in the past 14 days?
- Have you been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or who has been suffering from COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days?
If students or visitors answer NO to all of these questions then they will be asked for permission to take a forehead temperature test. If they refuse to take the test or their temperature reading is higher than 38oC, then they will also be refused admission to The Yoga Studio.
- Students and visitors will then be invited into the studio and will be able to enter the changing room. Only 4 people will be allowed in the female changing room and 3 people in the male changing room at any one time. Once this capacity is reached you can only enter when someone has come out. If possible it would be helpful if you could arrive at the studio in your yoga clothes to minimise time spent in the changing room. Due to limited space we also ask that you try to restrict the number of any additional shopping bags if you can.
- There are mat markers on the floor to help you position your mat at the optimum recommended distance. To help maximise space around the changing rooms, please fill up the spaces at the front of the studio hall first.
- Please bring your own mat for use. Studio mats are available but due to extra cleaning requirements mat rental is now £5 and is payable by ALL students, including members. You may leave your mat, in the storage facility provided in the changing rooms.
- The only props provided to students at this stage are yoga mats (rental fee £5) If you need any other prop can you please bring your own. You may not leave these props, in the changing rooms.
- Upon conclusion of the class, students are asked clean their mats and props with the disinfecting wipes provided by the teacher. If you use a studio mat, please leave them in situ after cleaning. The teacher will return them to the storage facility once safe to do so.
- Please leave promptly, especially when another class is scheduled.
- Exit is via the Fire Door at the back of the studio hall. A chair will be provided if you need to sit down to put your shoes on. In order to maintain hygiene we ask that you refrain from putting on your shoes on outside if this designated area.
- If there is NO class after students may leave via the front door.
- Please use the hand sanitiser upon leaving.
Any questions please contact Em on email@example.com