200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training – Functional Hatha Yoga 2021 9th-18th of April 2021 and 19th-30th of August 2021.
We encourage our students to find their own unique teaching style as the course unfolds.
Our programme includes:
- Fundamental Yoga Poses
- Alignment, modifications, adjustments
- Yoga Anatomy
- Yoga Philosophy
- Stress Relief
- Practice Teaching
- How to set up as a teacher/business
- Pre and post course support
Teacher Training Comprises
Five Key Elements
- Development of your own Asana practice, including essentials of Pranayama and Meditation.
- Comprehensive foundation in Yoga Philosophy.
- Comprehensive foundation in Anatomy and Physiology and its application in the practice of Asana.
- Comprehensive foundation in fundamental asanas, including modifications, adjustments, alignment, and sequencing.
- Practical teaching assignments with real students at The Yoga Studio.
- Essential insights into the Yoga Business and setting up as a Teacher
The Course Will Give You
- The ability to teach Level 1 asana classes confidently and competently.
- A thorough understanding that everyone is different and provide you will the tools to adapt your teaching style to make your classes suitable for all.
- This include modifications, adjustments, sequencing and alignment.
- The chance to explore your communication and teaching style so you can find the style that suits you best.
- An in depth study of yoga philosophy and yoga anatomy.
- The opportunity to develop your own practice, discover what stops you and what you can do about it. This will then enable you to assist others discover the same during your teachings.
- An awareness of the issues that can arise for you as a teacher.
- A professional and ethical framework from which to practice.
Teaching methods include: Lectures, experiential classes, led classes, group work, practice teaching time with real students and the opportunity to review your progress.
On Graduation You Will Receive The Following Certification
- The Yoga Studio is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance, which designates this teacher training program as one which follows Yoga Alliance’s standards. Students who complete a verified training with this school are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYTs).
- Certificate of Completion.
What Will A Typical Day Look Like?
Here is the breakdown of what you will study.
This is an intensive programme and the day will start at either 7am or 8am. You will need to complete both modules in order obtain your 200hrs Yoga Teacher qualification
An average day will look like this:
7:00 or 8:00am – Morning Practice
9:30am – Practical or theoretical session
1:00pm – Lunch
2:00pm – Practical or theoretical session
6:00pm – Finish
The morning practice sessions are designed to help you develop your personal practice and understand how muscles and connective tissue need a different approach to work them effectively and safely.
What Is Unique On Our Training Course?
- Development of your personal practice. The emphasis will be on encouraging you to modify your practice to suit your level with full support and modifications provided by Emma and Janet.
- Yin Yoga practice led by Janet. The emphasis here will be on cementing your understanding that everybody is unique physically and emotionally and that connective tissues need a different type of stressor to be work effectively and safely.
- The course is not integrated with drop-in classes or other students not on the training.
- Working with experienced and diverse teachers.
- Assistance and support post-course.
- A Training Manual.
- An emphasis on the 8 limbed path and not just asana practise.
Pre-Requisites and Investment
• Trainees must have a regular practice over the proceeding 12 months
• Acceptance is subject to completion of the application form and approval by teaching faculty
10% Early Bird Discount if you sign on by 30th of November 2020
If you wish you can choose to take this course in two modules:
Module 1: 9th of April-18th of April 2021 Price: £1500
Module 2: 19th of August 2021- 30th of August 2021 Price: £1500
Module 2: 18th of August 2022- 29th of August 2022 Price: £1500
Please note that you need to have completed Module 1 before you can progress onto Module 2
Deposit on Booking: £500 (non-refundable)
We offer flexible payment options please contact Emma to discuss on 07850 668402 or firstname.lastname@example.org
10% Early Bird Discount if you sign on by 30th of November 2020. • Payments in full as follows:
o 200hrs YTT – 12th February 2021
o 100hrs YTT Module 1 only – 12th February 2021
o 100hrs YTT Module 2 only – 21st June 2021
This price includes:
- High quality training with experienced teachers
- Post Course Support
- Training manual
Please note this DOES NOT include food and accommodation.
Deposits: All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Full Payments: For places paid in full and then cancelled the following applies:
More than 12 weeks before the start of the training: 100% refund less the deposit.
12 to 8 weeks before the start of the training: 50% refund less the deposit.
Up to 8 weeks before the start of the training: No refund will be given.
Meet Our Teacher – Janet Richards
My yoga journey started as I was approaching my 46th birthday, I became increasingly aware that I had to make some changes to my life as my wellbeing diminished.
I was working long hours in a demanding job and commuting from Carlisle to Newcastle on a daily basis. My family were neglected and I was exhausted. To make matters worse I am an insulin dependant diabetic and my sugar control was all over the place! I had heard about yoga and knew that it was supposed to be good for getting you fit, but more importantly for calming the mind and so I decided to give it a go.
It really helped and as time went by I felt better and better. In 2013 I went to India and completed 300hrs teacher training with Sonja Appel the founder of Sushumna Yoga in Goa, and I am an accredited Yoga Alliance Teacher and Trainer.
I have continued to develop my yoga practice and have completed a further 200hrs training in Yin Yoga training with Paul and Suzee Grilley, Bernie Clark, Josh Summers, Rebecca Shepherd and Karen Kirkness.
I founded the Yoga Studio in in 2013 and teach the 200 hours Functional Hatha training with Emma. My experiences undergoing numerous trainings led me to create this wonderful programme for those wanting to become teachers.
I now enjoy coming to many more classes as a student – it is a wonderful place to recharge my batteries.
I look forward to sharing the oasis of tranquility that is yoga- with you very soon.
Meet Our Philosophy Teacher – Karen Kirkness
Karen Kirkness has been practising yoga since the late 90s and teaching since 2002. She did her foundational training with Paul Dallaghan in Thailand and first practised in Mysore in 2003. After decades of study and teaching, Karen’s self-practice embraces and connects many styles. Karen is a founding teacher of Meadowlark Yoga and continues to own and manage the studio with her team in and around Edinburgh. She is a mother of two very young children and lives with her husband in the Scottish Borders.
Informed by her years of research, Karen deals with the physical and subtle body as an interconnected matrix of spirals. Karen’s experience at the University of Edinburgh studying classical anatomy as a Masters student in the dissection room was both spiritual and academic. Her continuing study of anatomy alongside yoga philosophy brings Karen a unique grasp of integrated gross and subtle body concepts. Informed by the Sāṃkhya philosophy of yoga, Karen’s understanding of gross anatomy fits in the framework of cosmology and she sees the body as nothing separate from the rest of the material Universe.
Karen’s teaching practice is about connecting with each student to help them discover how to joyfully progress in their practice while minimising risk. She loves giving (and receiving) yoga adjustments crafted through personal experience, research, and creative play. Her study of philosophy is focused on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, the Baghavad Gita, and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika. Karen delivers workshops and trainings on these texts from a multi-sensory approach to engage every learning style and inspire a lifelong passion for yoga philosophy.
Meet Our Teacher – Gail Jefferson
Gail currently works as Senior Lecturer at University of Cumbria, teaching Under and Post graduate radiographers, primarily covering Medical Image Interpretation and Advanced Practice. She also teaches anatomy to Medical students at Lancaster University Medical School and provides in-house teaching at the Cumberland Infirmary for medics. She is also employed as a Reporting Radiographer for North Cumbria Hospitals Trust and teaches CPD for Health Practitioners via two companies.
She completed her PGD in Medical Image Interpretation and has been x-ray reporting for 19 years and is currently completing her dissertation for her MSc.
As if that wasn’t enough she also presents at conferences nationally including recent events at the British Institute of Radiology at Manchester University relating to Forensic Imaging and the Royal Marsden Hospital in London presenting a Thoracic Trauma lecture.
She became involved with Forensic Radiography early in her career due to the Lockerbie Air Crash and has remained actively interested and involved since then. She is a Founder member of the Northern Forensic Group which was then the Association of Forensic Radiographers and is now an International concern. She remains the NW Forensic Radiography Coordinator for UKFRRT.
She surprisingly squeezes in some social life revolving around her family and friends and often involving good food, wine and laughter! She enjoys travel whether it be a night away in Edinburgh, a long weekend in Lisbon or an exotic beach.
To attempt a ‘beach body’ she enjoys fitness, involving a variety of classes including circuits, bodypump etc . However she only recently discovered the pleasure of Yoga and particularly The Yoga Studio team.
We are delighted that she has taken time out of her busy schedule to deliver anatomy training for this Teacher Training Course.
Find Out More
If you have any questions about our Yoga Teacher Training course,
please do get in touch.
You can fill out the form below, give Emma a ring on 07850 668402, or e-mail Emma on email@example.com.
The Yoga Studio